Wednesday 6 February 2013

Hello!

Hey guys, just thought I'd give you all an introduction into who I am and why I am doing this blog. 

My name is Tom Spencer and I am a student at the University of Bolton studying Special Effects for Film and TV. So far, I love it. I am in my first year and in my second trimester, so I am still learning the introductory information I need to complete the course and become my dream job of being a Special Effects Prosthetics and Make-up artist - all the blood and gory stuff! The course I do is split into two areas: Special Effects and Visual Effects, the SFX route more model making and hands on work, whereas the visual route is more involved with looking at Computer Generated Imagery. I hope to come out with a first class degree from the BDes SFX route of the course and gain the relevant information I need to go and produce fantastic and out of this world work.

I was chosen by the University of Bolton to be awarded the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship award due to my hardworking demeanor and strong work ethic. This scholarship award is awarded to the most gifted and talented students who apply for an undergraduate degree course at Bolton University. This means I become a student representative and aid with open days and tours around the University for up and coming students who are thinking of furthering their education at Bolton so that they get a taste of what University life is like. 

I will be updating this blog weekly, if not more, so that all you readers can see the progress in my studies and what a student's life consists of! 

Finally, if you have any questions you may want to ask me, please leave a comment on this blog page and I will be more than happy to help.

Thank you for reading and keep a look out for my next post!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment